Gold Star Families is a term that originated during WWI referring to those who have suffered the death of a loved one serving in the U.S. Military during war time
Bereaved (adj) having been deprived of something or someone valued
Grief (noun) deep mental anguish
Our Special Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55M7WCFJajs
To help bereaved military families cope with their grief through the holiday season:
The Annual Gold Star Holiday Retreat & Remembrance, the first weekend of December, brings family members from across the country together during the most difficult time of year, the holiday season, on the beautiful beaches of Panama City Beach, Florida.
While other families feel complete and cheerful during the holiday season, bereaved families are missing forever the presence of a child, sibling, spouse, parent, and friend who sacrificed all for their country. The cherished family holiday table and time will never again be the same.
To help family members cope with this difficult time of year,
The "Gold Star Holiday Retreat & Remembrance" begins on Friday evening and concludes around noon on Sunday.
Family members have the opportunity to:
- Find solace on beautiful beaches
- Meet and speak with others who have experienced this journey
- Validate emotions
- Experience a safe place to exchange stories, share tears, or laugh again
- Make new friends and create an extended family
- Hear exceptional speakers bring information on coping through the holidays
- Meet with grief support professional
Enjoy a Holiday & Remembrance Banquet on Saturday evening with community supporters including military, civic & veteran organization leaders; holiday music and special selected guest speakers Remember and honor their warriors with a video tribute and candle lighting ceremony
- Closing Sunday morning tribute: Celebrate the valiant lives of their warriors with a balloon release at Veteran’s Memorial Park, Panama City Beach
- 2011 Gold Star Holiday Retreat & Remembrance
- Dec 2 - 4, 2011 Panama City Beach, Florida
- for information about attending, email Deb Tainsh at: email@example.com
- Above youtube video by Deborah Tainsh 2010 Gold Star Holiday & Remembrance